An AFRISCAPER Insights Industry Report
Release Date: March 2019
Available in: English
In South Africa, there are 36 South African banking institutions and 30 foreign banks with approved representative offices in South Africa registered with the South Africa Reserve Bank. There are over 6,000 credit providers registered with the National Credit Regulator. Despite this, the industry remains highly concentrated with the five largest banks holding 91% of total assets.
The banking landscape is changing rapidly as banks face increasing competition from technology-based financial services – from newly established banks to retailers offering mobile transactional banking accounts. Competition coming from recently-licensed commercial banks and growing credit granting from other credit providers is likely to encourage the big banks to place increasing emphasis on growing customer numbers with innovative product offerings, especially to attract lower-income earners.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for South Africa. Afriscaper Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in South Africa
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in South Africa
- Crystallize the forces both driving and restraining this sector in South Africa
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in South Africa
- Ascertain South Africa’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View major deals and activities
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in South Africa
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
Afriscaper is a market research and market entry advisory company focused on emerging markets. We provide market intelligence to help companies looking to invest, do business, export or expand to emerging markets.
This report is covered by Afriscaper’s 100% quality money back guarantee on reports purchased through our site. Click here for more information on our guarantee.
How do I receive my report?
Upon receipt of payment, your Afriscaper report will become immediately viewable on our website and an email will also be sent with the download link. For your convenience, all purchased Afriscaper reports are available to be downloaded as a PDF.
If you have any questions, please send your enquiry to [email protected] or call +86 152 217 14740 to speak with a Research Consultant.