An AFRISCAPER Insights Industry Report
Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The Nigerian auto industry has for years been largely import driven, however, in the early 80’s, the Federal Government set up state-owned plants across the country via agreements with European Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM): Peugeot Nigeria Limited (PAN), Styer Nigeria Limited and National Truck Manufacturers (NTM) in Northern Nigeria; Volkswagen of Nigeria Limited (VON) and Leyland Nigeria Limited in the South, Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company (ANAMMCO) in the East.
In order to harness the potential of the automotive sector, the Nigerian government in 2013 announced a new national automotive policy, the National Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP), which sought to dissuade vehicle importation and inspire local production.
Today, the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) seeks to ensure the timely implementation of the provisions of the policy as part of its mandate to revitalize the auto industry.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Nigeria. Afriscaper presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Nigeria
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Nigeria
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Nigeria
- Ascertain Nigeria’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Nigeria
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (motorcycles, passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
Afriscaper is a market research and market entry advisory company focused on emerging markets. We provide market intelligence to help companies looking to invest, do business, export or expand to emerging markets.
This report is covered by Afriscaper’s 100% quality money back guarantee on reports purchased through our site. Click here for more information on our guarantee.
How do I receive my report?
Upon receipt of payment, your Afriscaper report will become immediately viewable on our website and an email will also be sent with the download link. For your convenience, all purchased Afriscaper reports are available to be downloaded as a PDF.
If you have any questions, please send your enquiry to [email protected] or call +86 152 158 53650 to speak with a Research Consultant would get in touch.