An AFRISCAPER Insights Industry Report
Release Date: April 2019
Estimated Pages: 45
Available in: English
Despite being the world’s fifth-largest producer of diamonds, major international miners have largely shunned Angola due to unattractive investment terms.
All production in Angola must be sold through state-owned diamond trading company Sodiam, which makes the stones available to buyers of its choosing. However, in December 2018, the Angolan government approved new regulations concerning the commercialization of diamonds.
In 2017, the country’s diamond exports brought in gross revenue of over $1-billion. Total diamond production was 9.4-million carats and the average price realised was $113/carat. Almost 90% of the country’s diamond production came from the Catoca mining company (Catoca is a joint venture between State-owned national diamond group Endiama, Russian diamond major Alrosa and Netherlands-domiciled LL International Holding).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the diamonds sector for Angola. Afriscaper Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the diamonds sector in Angola
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Angola
- Crystallize the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Angola
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain Angola’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View major deals and activities
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Angola
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors
Afriscaper is a market research and market entry advisory company focused on emerging markets. We provide market intelligence to help companies looking to invest, do business, export or expand to emerging markets.
This report is covered by Afriscaper’s 100% quality money back guarantee on reports purchased through our site. Click here for more information on our guarantee.
How do I receive my report?
Upon receipt of payment, your Afriscaper report will become immediately viewable on our website and an email will also be sent with the download link. For your convenience, all purchased Afriscaper reports are available to be downloaded as a PDF.
For pre-orders, you will be notified by email, text or phone call to download the PDF on the release date.
If you have any questions, please send your enquiry to [email protected] or call +86 152 217 14740 to speak with a Research Consultant.